This practical workshop taught twice a month by a certified lactation educator will help you to prepare to breastfeed your baby.
What We Will Cover
Just some of the topics we’ll go over include:
- Importance of skin-to-skin contact
- Milk production
- Getting your baby to latch on correctly
- Sleep stages
- Going back to work/pumping
- Medications and diet
- Common problems and solutions
- When to seek help
- Answers to commonly asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does this class cost?
For a family of USC-VHH, the cost is $25 per couple. For a non–USC-VHH family, the cost is $30 per couple.
How is payment collected?
A payment form will be sent directly to you with payment options of Mastercard and Visa credit cards or by check. All payments are due before the beginning of the class.
How long does this class take?
This is a 2-hour class.
When is this class?
This class meets twice a month. For information and registration, contact the Family Education Program at 818-952-2272.
Where does this class take place?
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
1812 Verdugo Blvd, 4th floor, Council Room
Glendale, CA 91208
- Classes are conducted in person. To protect yourself and others during the COVID-19 pandemic, all attendees are required to wear masks and maintain a 6-foot distance from other people.
When is the ideal time to take this class for best results?
The ideal time to take this class is between your sixth and eighth months of pregnancy.
Are there any prerequisites for this class?
There are no prerequisites for this class.
Whom can I contact for additional information?
For more information, you can contact our Family Education Coordinator,
Teri Rice, at (818) 952-2272 or Teri.Rice@vhh.usc.edu.