A major pillar of USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is its dedicated core of volunteers. Established in 1972, the Volunteer Services Department attracts, retains and recognizes qualified in-service volunteers. Currently, there are more than 200 dedicated volunteers, ranging in ages from 16 to 95, who provide their time and talent as volunteers in many areas in the hospital. The caliber of individuals working as a hospital volunteer is exceptional; many are retired professionals and business people. Last year, volunteers contributed some 34,000 hours of services and raised nearly $60,000 in proceeds through their work in the gift shop.
The Volunteer Services Department has positions open in the following areas:
- Messenger/Transport Office
- Offers information and assistance to visitors and patients
- Transports patients, as needed
- Information Desk
- 4th Floor:
- Greeting visitors
- Giving clear directions and information to visitors
- Accepts all flower deliveries for patients and employees
- 3rd Floor:
- Oversees incoming patients for Admitting Department
- Serves as liaison between doctors and patients’ families
- 4th Floor:
VHH Volunteer applicants should:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Exhibit a professional appearance and manner
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Be dependable
- Show commitment to the hospital
Rewards for Volunteering at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital:
- Satisfaction of doing something for others
- Opportunity to share your skills and learn new ones
- Make a difference by serving your community
- Enjoyment of making new friends and having fun
- For student volunteers, earning service hours
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please contact us at (818) 952-2215.
Student Volunteer positions are now available for the following days/times:
Monday – Thursday: 4 – 7 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; 12 – 3 p.m.; 2 – 5 p.m.