A Commitment to the Health of Our Community
As a community hospital serving the Foothills for more than 40 years, the USC Verdugo Hills Hospital provides a variety of services, including primary care, diagnostics, emergency medicine and maternal/child health services.
Additionally, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital’s Community Outreach Initiatives are intended to provide health education, access to health care and activities that promote health and well-being among members of our community. These initiatives are not undertaken for marketing purposes, nor are they provided solely to USC Verdugo Hills Hospital patients.
Our community outreach initiatives include:
- Grant and Sponsorship Support of Local Organizations – A key component of our Community Benefit Initiative is the Community Grants and Sponsorship Program whereby USC Verdugo Hills Hospital can partner with local community and nonprofit organizations to meet the health and well-being needs of our surrounding communities. Click here for more information.
- Community Education – a variety of talks, seminars and classes offered free or low cost to community members.
- Screenings and Immunizations – Throughout the year USC Verdugo Hills Hospital offers a variety of low or no cost screenings and immunizations to the public. Click here for more information.
- Sharing our Expertise – Making our expertise available to the community through guest speakers, medical personnel to staff health fairs, tours of the hospital to school, and scouting groups. Click here for more information.
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Strategies – As a nonprofit hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital undergoes a tri-annual process of determining the priority health needs of the local communities we serve and developing a plan to address those needs. See below for our 2016 Health Needs Assessment and Community Benefit Implementation Strategy.