USC Verdugo Hills Hospital offers free regular on and off-site lectures and seminars on topics relevant to the health and well-being of our local community. Ongoing lecture series include:
- Quarterly Men’s Health Seminars
- Bi-Annual Women’s Health Seminars
- Monthly Healthy Aging Programming
- Annual Suicide Prevention Conference
- Mental Health Programming
- Monthly Doc Talk Series on a variety of health-related topics
For information on upcoming community education opportunities, visit https://uscvhh.org/share/classes-and-events.
Screenings and Immunizations
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is proud to offer free and low-cost screenings and immunizations throughout the year to the members of our community. Some regular offerings include:
Annual Fall Health and Wellbeing Fair – This event is open to the public and is generally held the third Saturday in October from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Available to the public at this event are:
- Free flu shots
- Free screenings including: glucose, cholesterol, vision, blood pressure, BMI, and balance
Low Cost Mammograms in October – This service is especially helpful to individuals whose insurance companies no longer fund annual mammograms. During the month of October, $99 mammograms are offered to the community – no physician’s order is required.
TB Screening for Local School Volunteers – Each August USC Verdugo Hills Hospital works with La Cañada Unified School District and Glendale Unified District to offer free TB test and readings for volunteers from our local community schools – free of charge.