USC Verdugo Hills Hospital will consider making small (no larger than $2,500), one-time grants to qualified nonprofit agencies whose programs align with and address the strategic priorities identified in our hospital’s 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment. These priorities include:
- Access to care
- Cancer detection, treatment and care
- Diabetes prevention with a special focus on healthy eating and physical activity
- Mental health
If your program falls within these priority areas, you may submit a letter of request, along with a budget detailing the amount requested and proof of your organization’s nonprofit status, to Deborah.Weirick@vhh.usc.edu. Grant requests are reviewed on a revolving basis.
In addition to community grants, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital will consider supporting local charitable causes through event sponsorships, with priority given to organizations that address the Community Health Needs Assessment priorities as detailed above.
Examples of preferred sponsorships include (but are not limited to):
- Walks/runs to raise awareness of a health-related issue
- Health fairs/screenings
- Community education events with a health-related message
- Community gardens, healthy eating and events that promote physical activity
- Health professions educational events
- Education events that address mental health issues and barriers to care
- Efforts to engage students in health careers
- Health awareness efforts
Funds will not be granted for:
- Labor organizations
- Political/partisan organizations
- Government agencies
- General operating expenses
- Organizations whose mission, vision, values, philosophy and/or business practices are not in alignment with those of USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
Community sponsorship requests can be submitted to Deborah.Weirick@vhh.usc.edu and should include any pertinent material related to the event. Sponsorship requests are considered on a revolving basis, but we ask that you make your request AT LEAST 60 days in advance of your event.