Ambassadors are friends of the hospital who make contributions to the important, community-based care provided by USC Verdugo Hills Hospital that has made a difference in the lives of generations of families in the Foothills. In addition to personally giving and/or fundraising on behalf of the hospital, Ambassadors share their passion for this critical community resource with their neighbors, colleagues and friends.
Ambassadors Support a Variety of Hospital Initiatives
There are established service lines and projects that require on-going support such as our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Women’s Health and Breast Imaging, Men’s Health including robotic prostate procedures, Emergency Department Services, Cardiac Care and Heart Health, and Community Health and Education. And of course there is always an on-going need for unrestricted support for equipment needs as well as training for best practices in patient care and safety.
Ways to Become an Ambassador Include:
- Holding a fundraising event such as a local restaurant dine-out night, a mixer at your home, a school bake sale, etc.
- Requesting donations be made to the hospital in lieu of birthday gifts or in honor of other special occasions in your life. You can do this quite easily through the Foundation’s Facebook page.
- Organizing on-line fundraising initiatives around nationally recognized health-related awareness months or medical causes near and dear to your heart. Our mobile giving platforms currently include:
Mobile Platforms Coming Soon:
- Cardiac Care and Heart Health
- Community Health Education
Benefits of Participation
Ambassadors are given special access to events and programs with hospital leadership and medical staff, providing the opportunity to learn more about our hospital’s services and expertise. Ambassadors are also listed annually in December on this website and in local newspapers. While there is no minimum fundraising requirement to become an Ambassador, those raising $1000 or more each fiscal year will also become an Annual Giving Leader.