Do you want to fee more prepared for the labor and birth of your baby?
Our Childbirth Preparation Class meets once a week for five weeks so you can plan to finish your classes four weeks prior to your due date.
$90 if you are delivering at VHH $95 if you are delivering elsewhere
These classes fill quickly!
Please call The Family Education Program for more information and to register: 818-952-2272
Class Topics Include:
- Comfort techniques for moving through labor (pelvic tilt, climbing stairs, getting up or down from floor to chair)
- Muscle strengthening exercises for pregnancy (pelvic kegal)
- Signs of labor
- Female reproductive anatomy of labor and delivery
- Cervical exam (effacement, dilation, station, and process of descent)
- Stages of labor (early, active, transition, loss of control, back labor)
- Separation and expulsion of placenta
- Involution of the uterus and the 4th trimester
- Induction/Augmentation of labor
- Medications and anesthesia for labor and birth
- Cesarean section birth
- Relaxation techniques and practice (cleaning breath, effleurage, pattern-paced breathing, overcoming the urge to push, breathing patterns for pushing stage)
- Comfort positions and other suggestions for labor
- Welcome to parenthood and postpartum
- Characteristics of the newborn