Heart-Healthy Lifestyle Classes
This series teaches skills for a healthier lifestyle, including nutritious shopping and cooking to keep your heart healthy.
The Healthy Hearts nutrition series teaches skills for a healthier lifestyle and offers tips to shop for and cook foods that can keep your heart healthy. The free program at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital can help reduce the risk of heart disease and improve overall health by teaching attendees to recognize and control risk factors, as well as the essential skills that can result in a healthier lifestyle. The classes include a heart-healthy breakfast or lunch, with recipe cards to take home.
Series topics include:
- Skills for heart-healthy shopping
- New, healthier ways to cook at home
- Basic recipe modifications
- How to control blood pressure and cholesterol
- Reading food labels
- Making heart-healthy choices while dining out
- Understanding the importance of fat and fiber
The classes will be held on the first Tuesday of every month.
Location: USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
1812 Verdugo Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91208
Counsel Rooms off the main lobby
For more information, call the Cardiac Rehab Department at (818) 952-2229.